Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tackle Boxes, Trains and Tornadoes...Courtney & Trevor {Engaged!}

I have to first say this...I LOVE a bride-to-be that puts in so much thought and effort into selecting the photo locations and style of photos for the engagement session! It's so much fun to be taking pictures of a couple in spots that are significant to the two of them!

That being said, I had a blast with Courtney and Trevor on their session. As with some of my other recent sessions, weather was the hot topic of the day! Actually, we had to reschedule the session from the weekend before because of bad weather! So on attempt #2...apparently we weren't real worried about the imminent bad weather...severe thunder storms and tornadoes...all in the name of great photos right?

To be fair, the hourly forecast said we had until 8 pm before the bad weather hit, and for once it was pretty much right on! I pulled into my driveway as the black clouds rolled in, the wind picked up and the rain came down! Whew!! P.S. An hour later, I was sitting on my sketchy basement floor...you know, just in case!

Anyways, I met up with Courtney and Trevor at Trevor's parents' place. We started the session there at the barn and from there toured around the yard before heading to the Scout Camp nearby and eventually some nearby train tracks. These two brought it for the camera and I loved the personal touches they added to the photos...fishing gear, guitars, different outfits. They climbed on barn beams even with the chance of a raccoon jumping out to attack, waded into the creek, stood on live train tracks...and again...all under the threat of thunder, lightning and tornadoes! These two are troopers!

After such a fun e-session, I am really looking forward to their upcoming winter wedding!!

Enjoy your sneak peek guys!












































2 comments: