Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The One Tree Orchard Wedding...Amanda & Drew {Married!}

So on top of all of the other weddings I shot this summer, there was one that was a little closer to home than the rest...ok A LOT closer to home...it was AT my home! My baby sister Amanda and her now-husband (and my new brother-in-law!), Drew tied the knot in the orchard (yes it DOES have one apple tree!) behind my house.

Despite running a little behind (really...it wouldn't be a McCallum event (or a Kyle event for that matter) if it was on time!), the day ran without a glitch and it was an awesome day! The day was a blast and the party went way into the wee hours of the morning!

We started the day off with the guys at their hotel. You'll notice that there is one less groomsman than there are bridesmaids...while some people opt for "uneven sides", the reason for the lobsided teams in this case was the simple fact that one of the groomsmen lives in KOREA! So yeah...he couldn't make the trek for the big day, but he was still a part of the day and we were lucky enough to be there while Drew skyped with his friend for some last words of wisdom before he tied the knot. After finishing up with the guys, we headed back to my house to meet up with the ladies...details get fuzzy from here on as things picked up to warp speed! I sort of feel like it was my wedding day again in the sense that I know it happened and it was awesome, but don't ask me for details because it just went so fast!!!

It was a lot of work and made life a little more hectic leading up to the big day, but it was all worth it!! The weather was perfect (thank you Mother Nature!), the bride was gorgeous, the groom handsome and the day beautiful! And I was beyond honoured to be asked to capture the day for them!

Congratulations you two and welcome to the fam Drew...just in case you wanted to change your mind...it's too late now buddy!! xo





































 Dude, I don't know what you said, but apparently it was FUNNY! Love it!

 "The" apple tree in the orchard




Congratulations guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment