Monday, August 29, 2011

Rain AND Shine...Jackie & Warren {Married!}

It has been WAY too long since I have posted a sneak peek...but man! Life has been BUSY!! Yikes!


BUT, I'm back at the editing desk and working my butt off to get caught up!


The first of several sneak peeks comes from Jackie and Warren's big day at a few weeks ago! I should start by saying that weather has been at the forefront of several shoots this summer (I have now downloaded not one but TWO weather apps for my phone to stay on top of the latest forecast!). Pretty much the Monday before any of my wedding shoots, I start tracking the weather....trying to figure out if I will need sunscreen or an umbrella, a summer dress or winter jacket. Jackie and Warren's day was no exception!


I mentioned above that I have two different weather apps on my phone...one is hourly which is AWESOME (I highly recommend it!). I heard the night before that there was a small chance of rain, so first thing in the morning, I checked the hourly...we were looking like we would be good as the rain wasn't supposed to happen until dinner time. PERFECT!


So the thing about hourly forecasts is that guess what? They change...hourly! Gah! So we started the day off with Jackie and her girls. Jackie looked absolutely stunning! Just like a princess! The weather was perfect while we trekked around her parents' property taking photos of her and the girls. We had a great time!


Nicole and I then headed on to Brantford where we were to meet up with the guys at the country club. As we drove, the clouds got blacker and blacker...CRAP!! But we weren't giving up hope that the outdoor ceremony will still happen...the hourly had moved the rain, but still said 4pm, so we were good.


By the time we got to the club, it looked RIDICULOUS! For those that haven't been to the Brantford Country Club...it's built on a cliff overlooking the Grand River...so the view of the impending rain was awesome, but not...obviously.


So we managed to get some photos of Warren and the guys before the heavens opened and the rain poured.


So, the outdoor ceremony didn't happen...but not all was lost as the ceremony was as beautiful as it would have been outside and the sun came out immediately afterward, so off we went to Glenhyrst Art Gallery for the photos as planned.


Even despite the rain, it was a gorgeous day!! Jackie and Warren are a fantastic couple and we were absolutely honoured to capture their big day! Congratulations guys! We are so happy for the two of you...even though we may be just a tad jealous that you spent your honeymoon in Hawaii!


Here are a few of our favs from the day!



Nicole captured this photo and the next...Gorgeous!!!











 Check out that sky!




















This amazingly cute photo was captured by Nicole





Now these next two photos...our groom...he has some MOVES!! His amazing Michael Jackson shadow show was definitely an awesome way to cap off the night!! Nicely done Warren!









No comments:

Post a Comment