Friday, August 27, 2010

The Amazing J*...

No, although it does have a certain "je ne sais quoi," that is NOT what I'm calling myself these days...

Over the past couple of days, I have had the opportunity to take in an online workshop with the one and only Jasmine Star (J*) as the instructor. For those that have not heard of her, you need to check her out...both photographers and brides-to-be will be inspired by her, her style and, of course, her work! www.jasmine-star.com. Check it out!

I have never met Jasmine, but having followed her blog and website for the past few months and now having listened to her speak and see exactly how she works, I really feel like I know her and would go so far as to call her my mentor. I know it seems strange to call a perfect stranger your mentor, but honestly Jasmine is super passionate about what she does and has done an INCREDIBLE job of branding herself without a lot of overhead and with out traditional marketing and advertising. Also, she is a huge advocate of using social media to your best advantage! Bonus!


I have learned a lot from J* over the time I have followed her and I am super excited to test out some of her tips and tricks (K & J....I am SOOOOOO pumped for your shoot on Sunday!), and to also apply some of her philosophies to the business in hopes of making Blossom Ave a full-time deal. It is no secret that I love photography and some day would love to have it as my full-time job, so using some of Jasmine's ideas, I am a lot more confident I can get there!


A BIG thank you to Jasmine Star for allowing the world (literally) to have an inside look into her trade secrets. She is truly an inspiration to myself as well as many other aspiring and professional photographers!


Also a BIG shout out to my favourite Florida photog Photos by Mavi who tipped me off to the photographic genius of J*! You're a rock star! Thanks!


And finally, a HUGE thank you to all of the Blossom Ave fans out there....we are creeping VERY close to 200! YAY! Keep spreading the word and when we get to 200 FB fans, one lucky Blossom Ave fan will receive a FREE photo session!! 


Cheers to moving forward!


Jenn

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the shout out! Now we have another thing in common, our love and admiration for J*! I wish we lived closer so we could scout locations and shoot together!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete